Ball valves are a type of shut-off valve that enables, restricts, and regulates the flow of liquids, gasses, and vapors in a pipe system by spinning a pivoting ball located in the valve’s center. A rotary ball is a pivoting ball that is built with a hole (a bore) in the center of the ball valves. To open or close the valve, a stem on the top of the ball rotates, which shifts the bore.
Manual levers or automation can be used to turn the stem of ball valves. To control the valve manually, you’ll need handles or levers and an operator. Ball valves in Dubai can be controlled without an operator using electric, hydraulic, or pneumatic actuation.
Ball valves are divided into three types based on their housing assembly and ball design.
- One-Piece Ball ValveA single-piece cast body stores the ball valve’s internal components in a one-piece ball valve. This prevents the possibility of fluid leaking from the valve. They are the cheapest and always have a smaller bore.
- Split Body Ball ValvesSplit Body ball valves are valves with their bodies attached to the sides of their balls. A split body ball valve can be either of the two pieces or three types.
- Floating Ball Valves: In ball valves, the floating ball is the most common ball design. The design of floating ball valves is the most basic. They are ideal for liquids and gasses working at low or medium pressures and have smaller dimensions. The amount of pressure that the seats can withstand limits the use of floating ball valves.
- Trunnion Ball Valves: Trunnion ball valves in Dubai come in a varied range of sizes. Although they are more costly than floating ball types, they can work effectively under a variety of pressures. With a smaller operating torque or a smaller actuator, they’re easier to control.
- Vented Ball Valve: Because of their utility in cryogenic processing, vented ball valves are sometimes known as “cryogenic valves” and are utilized in compressed air systems, cryogenic processing, and conveying volatile liquids.Depending on the working pressure under which they will be fitted, Obaid Masood provides several ball valve designs to choose from.
Benefits of ball valves
- When compared to other types of valves, ball valves produce a low-pressure drop.
- The ball valves instantly limit or allow flow because they only take a quarter turn to completely shut off or open.
- Because of the surface qualities of the seats, lubrication is not required.
- Because the ball fits tightly against the seats, there are fewer chances of
- A large number of designs for different applications.
- They are cheaper in comparison to other valves.
Ball valves are simple to use and activate and present minimal leakage risk but proper maintenance must be performed to prevent the accumulation of particles between the ball and the body.
Obaid Masood Building Materials is a leading supplier in Dubai, U.A.E. with a vast inventory for valves with imports from renowned manufacturers such as Pegler and PEX, U.K.