A ball valve is a type of shut-off valve that enables, restricts, and regulates the flow of liquids, gasses, and vapors in a pipe system by spinning a pivoting ball located in the valve’s center. A rotary ball is a pivoting ball that is built with a hole (a bore) in the center. To open or close the valve, a stem on the top of the ball rotates which shifts the bore.
Manual levers or automation can be used to turn the stem. To control the valve manually, you’ll need handles or levers and an operator. The valve can be controlled without an operator using electric, hydraulic, or pneumatic actuation.
Benefits of ball valves
- When compared to other types of valves, ball valves produce a low-pressure drop.
- The ball valves instantly limit or allow flow because they only take a quarter turn to completely shut off or open.
- Because of the surface qualities of the seats, lubrication is not required.
- Because the ball fits tightly against the seats, there are fewer chances of
- A large number of designs for different applications.
- They are cheaper in comparison to other valves.
Ball valves are simple to use and activate and present minimal leakage risk but proper maintenance must be performed to prevent the accumulation of particles between the ball and the body.
Obaid Masood Building Materials is a leading supplier in Dubai, U.A.E. with a vast inventory for valves with imports from renowned manufacturers such as Pegler and PEX, U.K.